Enabling Windows 7 will be a must for those that have expired windows 7.
As a result, such users will be confronted with a series of malfunctions or will continue to receive a “Windows not genuine warning” notification from time to time.
Once you have successfully activated your windows, you can rest assured of good performance from your laptop and will not receive such notifications.
In this regard, if you are faced with such dysfunctions on your PC, this article will offer you the way out. We will show you how you can activate your windows 7 permanently with the use of CMD.
Don’t worry about how complex it is, because the procedures are pretty simple. In any event, before we continue our discussion today, let’s see what a CMD means.
What’s a CMD?
CMD refers to an acronym for Command when dealing with computers. This command prompt is to interpret the Windows operating system.
The same control is used in both DOS and Windows 9x, also known as ‘MS-DOS Prompt’, and is identical to the ‘Unix Shells’ used for running ‘Unix systems’.
In addition, CMD is an original “Windows OS” application that allows the user to perform certain operations using the command prompt. It allows the user to engage with the command line interface.
This control interface is installed in the Win32 console, although you can open it via the CMD run command.
How can the CMD be accessed?
Since you would like to use the CMD to permanently activate your windows 7, it will be important for you to know where to access it on your PC.
At that time, you must open the “Run” window and press the “Window + R” key on your keyboard. Once you have opened the window, type CMD and press Enter.
Immediately, your Command Prompt (CMD) Will display on your screen.
Procedures to Enable Windows 7 Permanently with CMD
Just below are a few procedures that you need to take every time you want to activate Windows 7 permanently using CMD. As we said before, it’s a pretty easy task.
- The first thing you do is deactivate the “Automatic Windows Update”. And how can you do that? You immediately open your PC ‘Control Panel’ and likewise your ‘Operating System and Security. Next, you go to “Windows Update” and replace it with “Install Automatically” to stop any subsequent updates and press OK. However, you must remove the line code provided with 2 alphabets and 6 digits. For example KB848393. Usually, the (KB) Is constant, only the numbers are different.
- The next stage is to run the CMD as administrator. How can you still do that? To perform the command prompt as an administrator, you type CMD using the search bar that is always present in the taskbar and right-click CMD. An option will appear on your screen to “Run as Administrator” and then you click OK. It moves immediately into administration mode.
- At this time, you must correct your ‘license’ using the command language ‘slmgr-dli’. But make sure you type this command without any quotation. Now, a “notification” or something similar will be displayed in the “License Status” section. Once it appears this way, proceed to the next stage.
- You will still have to type “stmgr-up” to uninstall the current programmed installation from the system and then return to the trial state.
- Type “slmgr-rearm” reset (license status and enable the computer system).
At this point, you are to restart your PC as it is one of the crucial processes that you should not forget to take out before moving to the next step.
- After you reboot your PC, you will receive a notification indicating “Windows are not activated”. Do not take the message into account and proceed to the next step.
- Type this command prompt again ‘slmgr-ipk BMB34-PMN4B-3DBVK-BVYTT-JXXQQ’ or ‘slmgr-ipk FJGCP-4DFJD-GJY49-VJBQ7-HYRR2’. Besides these two product keys, there are other product keys that you can use and complete at this stage. But be sure to choose the ones which are compatible with your processors.
- If you want to check the current license expiry on your PC, whether permanently activated or not, type “slmgr-xpr”. It will immediately appear on your screen.
- That’s the last step you’re going to take. Type “slmgr-ato” to (activate Windows along with the series using Microsoft servers).
- Now, you need to reboot your PC again and be sure not to encounter these malfunctions again.
How Safe is My PC When Activating Windows 7 with CMD?
You should not worry about the safety of your system when you perform the activation process of windows 7 with CMD. This is because your screen will not become black whenever you reboot your PC.
As well, there will be no notification on the screen to tell you that this copy of the windows is not authentic.
Ultimate, Windows 7 Specifications
Before installing Windows 7 on your PC, it is important to know the range of specifications to know the right widowers to use.
Hence, if you want to install and run Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate on your PC, you need to verify the following requirements.
- RAM must be 1GB (32 bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Your PC processor must contain no less than 1 GHZ.
- Your graphics should be “DirectX 9c” or above.
- Finally, your HDD must be 16GB (32 bit) And then 20 GB (64-bit).
Note: If your PC does not have up to this specification, you cannot install Ultimate Windows 7. So don’t waste your time.
Now you can see how to enable windows 7 permanently with the use of CMD. Once you can follow the procedure that is presented successfully, you can be sure to fix your issue within minutes.
However, you have seen what a CMD stands for and how you can access it on your PC.
But if you cannot do it yourself, you can look for someone who has good knowledge about computers to help you with the Windows activation.