This article provides a guide on how you can send airtime on Airtel. Once you have reviewed this post, you should be able to send airtime to another client.
Gone are those days when telecom users purchase top up cards from vendors and send the codes to their loved ones by text message.
With the advancement of technology in the telecommunications industry, USSD codes and other services have been introduced to enable subscribers to top up their contact lines and someone else’s from their bank account.
But how will you top up your friend’s or family’s contact line if all you have is money in your Airtel SIM card?
It is pretty953483 straightforward. Airtel has provided several options that allow their customers to send airtime to each other.
Who Can Send Airtime to Airtel?
All Airtel prepaid customers may send airtime from their SIM balance to another customer. Your previous rate plan does not prevent you from enjoying this service.
However, you should know that this only works for Airtel to Airtel.
How to Send Airtime on Airtel
To ensure that each customer has access to this service, Airtel has three fantastic ways of budging airtime to other clients. These methods include USSD code, Airtel menu, and text message.
Don’t worry, we’ll guide you through this process.
Sending Airtime via USSD
USSD is considered one of the quickest ways to send airtime to another customer. Verify and see how it is done.
- Grab your phone and call *432# and submit. You will instantly be welcome at Airtel Me2U.
- Of the options that will appear on your screen, you need to select option 1 which is assigned for Airtel to Airtel.
- Type in the phone number of the person receiving the money and proceed.
- Upon completion of the above step, you will need to insert your 4-digit PIN to authenticate the transfer. Of course, you may ask yourself where you can get the pin. Don’t worry, Airtel has it covered. You are to use the default pin which is 1234 to complete your transfer.
- Press option 1 to send the airtime.
If you don’t want to go through this lengthy process, there is another simpler way to send airtime using the USSD code. Simply dial the *432*phone number of the addressee*amount# and send.
Note: It is crucial to modify the default pin to your pin to enhance your security. We’ll walk you through it later.
Send Airtime via Airtel Menu
While you may find the following steps a bit long, this is another effective way to gift airtime to another customer.
- Go to Airtel menu services and select “Airtel Services”
- Click “My Airtel Account” and continue.
- After you have finished, press Me2U.
- From the options you will see on your screen, select “Send Airtime Credit” and continue.
- A blank box will display, input the amount you want to budge, and tap OK.
- Properly enter the receiver’s contact digits and continue to authorize your operation, you must insert your 4-digit PIN (default PIN 1234).). Once you are finished, click OK to confirm.
- Wait a few minutes while the system processes your application. As soon as it’s successful, you’ll be notified via SMS.
Gift Airtime via SMS
Besides the USSD code, this is another fast way to send airtime to Airtel.
Simply open your message box and type 2U (telephone number of the person receiving the money). (amount to send) (secret pin) and then send it to 432.
The following is an example for you, 2U 08022403893 500 1234 at 432. Once you send a text in that format, in a few minutes, your draft will be successful.
Steps to Modify Default Transfer PIN
As we promised earlier, we will show you how to modify the default PIN for this service to your PIN. Here as well, there are several methods you can use and modify your default pin to a more personal one.
You can choose from the USSD, Message Center, or Airtel menu. Let’s find out how it’s been done.
- Change Transfer Pin via USSD
- Dial *432#
- A few options will be displayed, select 4 assigned to PIN handling.
- Select item 1 to modify the pin.
- Insertion of Default Pin (1234)
- Type in the desired new pin and hit OK.
- When your secret code is modified, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
Change Transfer Pin via SMS
Tap your message center and type in the default pin, new pin, and send it to 432. Take, for instance, 1234 9485 and then send it to 432. You will be notified when your PIN has been modified.
Change Transfer Pin via Airtel Menu
- Visit the Airtel menu and click on Airtel services
- You will see the list of options, select My Account and continue.
- Next, select Me2U.
- If you are done, click on ‘Change Password’
- You will be prompted to insert the old brooch (1234 by default)
- When you have inserted the old pin, you will need to insert the new pin. Press the pin that you will sharply recall and continue.
- In a few minutes, your secret pin will be sent to you.
Does Airtel Airtime Offer Service Free Of Charge?
This depends on the nature of your operation. If you use the service to change your PIN or ask questions, no amount will be taken out of your balance.
But if you do a transfer, you will be billed 10 per operation. However, you should know that this transfer service has limitations as to how much you can send and how many times you can make the send in a day.
Airtel’s airtime budging service has come to help subscribers show love to their friends and family by sharing airtime on their balance.
You don’t need to get stressed out buying the paper recharge card and texting the numbers. All you have to do is sit at home and conveniently utilize one of the above methods and transfer money to another Airtel client.
Get the most out of networking with Airtel.