Interested in continuing your studies in Korea? If so, consider joining the Global Korea Scholarship Program.
The Korean government has specifically designed a funding program to give foreign scholars the chance to advance their careers at any Korean college.
Their objective is to promote multinational education exchanges and strengthen Korea’s friendship with other participating countries.
Korean Government Scholarships
Korea’s global grant is open twice a year to accommodate about 125 undergraduate students and 700 graduates from 156 countries.
Yet, before foreign scholars will be considered for this grant, each of them must pass the 1st section test to be set by the Korean embassy in their home country.
For more information astir this grant, you will have to peruse this article until the end. We’ll give a detailed explanation regarding the Korean government educational grant.
They include the eligibility criteria, the interview, the closing date of the grant, as well as other information relevant to you.
Kinds of Programs and Length of Study
The Korea Global Scholarship is open to researchers who wish to enroll in any undergraduate program, associate degree, or post-graduate education.
For the duration of the program, undergraduate courses are offered for 4 years, whereas graduate studies and the associated degree last a maximum of 2 to 3 years.
However, before you embark completely on your study area, you will have to study the Korean language for 1 year, regardless of the type of program you choose.
Degree courses available
Applicants enrolling in this scholarship at any Korean university may opt for a course in the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Technology, and Engineering.
However, you can use the link below and see the courses available in other departments and also check other details regarding the grant. https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr
Important note: If the department you intend to enroll in a Korean university offers a course in the English language, they can be changed at any time as circumstances dictate.
As a result, you are advised to ask for information at the university you are going to. The Korean language is central to all academic institutions in the country.
Who is Eligible for the Grant?
Below you will find the essentials that each candidate must meet before being considered for the Korean Global grant.
- Applicants and their parents must be non-Korean citizens and be members of nations that work in partnership with the Korean government. Applicants who are Korean citizens or have dual nationality are not eligible for registration.
- A candidate or a parent who has previously obtained Korean citizenship will be required to submit a document to prove their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Interested students must be under 25 as of March 1st, 2022.
- Candidates enrolled in postgraduate studies must be less than 40 years old at the date of entry.
- Candidates must have good mental and physical health for their Korean studies.
- Candidates enrolled in an undergraduate or associated degree program must have completed high school or graduated by March 1, 2022. Nonetheless, candidates who are expected to graduate from high school must submit a certificate of graduation along with academic transcripts when enrolling for this grant. The closing date to submit the documents is March 1, 2022. Failures to do so mean you have forfeited the scholarship.
- Applicants who have completed a BA, MA, or Ph.D. from a Korean institution are not legible to apply for this award.
- Candidates applying to graduate studies must have an average CGPA of 80 percent or higher. For example 2.4/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0.
Korea’s government grants are among the best in the world.
Successful candidates have much to gain from the award. Check out below and see which benefits come with this grant.
- Round-trip airfare
- Settlement allowances valued at 200,000 KRW plus a monthly allowance from KRW 900,000 to KRW 1,000,000. This funding will be provided to candidates immediately upon their arrival in Korea.
- The total tuition costs covered by NIIED amount to 5 million KRW. If tuition fees exceed this amount, the researcher’s university will pay for them.
- The cost of a one-year Korean language course will also be covered by the Global Korea Scholarship Board.
- There will be an extra reward for the student with excellent fluency in the Korean language and it is worth 100,000 KRW. This reward is only for scholars in a degree program.
- Candidates will receive 60,000 KRW to cover their medical expenses throughout their period of study.
- Researchers will receive a grant worth 210,000-240,000 per semester to support research.
- Concerning printing fees, about 500,000 to 800,000 will be paid to researchers.
- By the end of the program, 100000 KRW will be made available to the researcher in the form of a compilation grant. However, students who stay in Korea to finish their classes will not be awarded such an award.
How to sign up for the program
Before you apply for the Korean government grant, you must first apply for admission to one of the Korean universities.
Click on this website to apply for admission at a Korean university, and then follow the steps we will describe below and complete the online application form. https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/overseas_infor/request/request.do
- Select your preferred course of study.
- Choose your preferred university and major degree program.
- Fill out the application form for admission.
- After that, you need to upload additional documents and then proceed.
- When you are done, you may proceed with the verification, which is the final step.
- For more information on this grant and how you can apply, visit the official bursary website.
End Date for Application
The start date of the scholarship and the deadlines are determined by the embassies of the candidates in their country of origin.
Therefore, to find out the exact deadline, interested researchers are advised to always check the Korean embassies and preferred universities.
The Korean global grant has come a long way to help scholars around the world achieve their dream careers in Korea for free. Looking at what we discussed above, you can see the innumerable advantages that accompany this scholarship.
If you want to be a recipient, then follow the application guidelines and apply.