A leader in Freight Forwarding and Logistic business is in need of exceptionally talented Sales and Marketing Manager with upward of 5 years’ hands-on experience to lead the marketing team.
Qualification/ Required Experience
B.Sc degree in Marketing or any other business studies (MBA or Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
Minimum of 5 years’ cumulative work experience in a similar role (3years of which must be spent within the Shipping & Logistics Industry
A good knowledge of freight forwarding is mandatory.
Professional Marketing membership is an advantage
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
· Identify partnerships and opportunities targeted at developing sales lead
· Gather intelligence for the preparation of reports, presentations and tenders that will win the company contracts in on going and upcoming projects.
· Gather market and customer information and network with major players and the decision makers and provide feedback on industry trends.
· Develop strategies and budgetary requirement forecasts to grow sales and profit targets for existing and new clients.
· Develop field sales action plans for improved sales performance, identifying marketing opportunities, market requirements, and build customer database based on company’s client’s market niche.
· Manage key accounts to meet/exceed targets relating to revenue growth activities, profit margin, sales, customer retention and customer acquisition, generates key account performance report weekly.
· Regularly visit assigned existing accounts validating our service levels and develop new revenue streams
· Responding to customer needs: exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities, developing client-specific interphases for continuity and managing sales process from opportunity identification to winning business.
· Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of competitor products, services, rates or pricing strategies, clientele and market share. Using this highlight to promote Company market share by recommending competitive selling prices
· Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly time-phased reports on achievement and activities for management information and generate progress report on sales and business volume targets from the sales data and trends.
· Responsible for the development and oversight of the business’s corporate strategies in order to support growth objectives while strengthening the business core to develop and maintain a competitive advantage.
Ideal candidate must have:
· Good business sense and be able to close high value shipping business
· A deep understanding of marketing principles and a sizable existing clientele
· Must have achieved obvious results in sales and business development with evidence of continuous growth especially in the Freight Forwarding and Logistics
· Good communication skills and must be able to speak with a diverse range of prospective clients- varying in size, industry and business model.
Other Skills Required Include
· A positive attitude
· Good negotiation skills
· Ability to take initiatives
· Business development skills
· Marketing and Sales skills
· Package/Freight Delivery
Interested applicate should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using job title as subject
Related Job Openings:
- Wholesales Outlet Manager Needed At A Pharmacy In Lagos
- Head Of Business Needed At A Travel And Lifestyle Company
- Needed: Property Sales Team Lead For A Real Estate Company
- FMCG Area Sales Manager At Kogi / Benue