Would you like to know how to send your activity data to your friends and family? If you do, then you will have to continue browsing this post.
Along the line, you will run into a few ways that you can transfer mobile data to another MTN subscriber. But in the meantime, let’s take a quick look at how that data sharing is all about.
How To Transfer Data On MTN Line
Did you know that you can share your data with someone else who subscribes to MTN? It’s called ‘data gifting’ just like other telecom services in Nigeria.
Just pick up your phone and dial the right USSD code and do it inside small munitions. Whether you are using a button phone or a smartphone, you can always perform such data transfer.
MTN Data Transfer
By name, you can get a sense of what it means. It is a system developed by the MTN network to allow subscribers to send and buy data from one another.
If you are unaware, you may also request data from your friends using this same platform. You may also be interested to know that you can share your data independently of your pricing plan.
We will give you more information on this service.
Let me Know Something
Before you begin sharing your data with your friends, here are some important facts you need to know about MTN data sharing.
- Over 24 hours, you only get two chances to transfer data to another MTN subscriber.
- Before being able to share mobile data, your data balance must be at least 50MB.
- The data to be shared should be gathered on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. You cannot send data out of the XtraValue bundle (bonus).
- You may only send data from 10MB, 50MB, 100MB, 200 MB, and 500MB respectively.
- You do not have to enter a pin to authorize the transfer, unlike other transfers.
MTN Data Sharing Tips
We have three platforms that you can use to send data to another subscriber. You either use the myMTN application, the SMS, or the USSD code.
Since you are interested in how you can share your surplus mobile data, you will need to keep scrolling down and see how you can do it.
Share Data via MyMTN App
Do you have at least one myMTN app on your cell phone? If you don’t, you can download it from the Google Play Store or another supported browser. After launching the application, follow these steps and get started.
- Activate your mobile data and open the MyMTN app on your smartphone and go to your home page.
- Tap where it says “Details” beside your data balance and continue.
- The data sharing option will now be available on the screen. Press the option to continue.
- Now you will need to select how much data you want to transfer, then insert the beneficiary contact line and send it.
- Wait a couple of seconds for the system to handle the data transfer. After completion, a confirmation message will be displayed on the screen.
Share Data via SME
Before you can offer data via SME, you have to migrate to this “MTN SME Plus” pricing plan. To migrate to this pricing plan, you must text 460 to 131.
Once you have migrated to this plan, you may proceed with your data sharing. Furthermore, there are also two ways to share data through the SME method.
You can either send an SMS to 131 or call *461# and follow the prompts.
To send a text message, enter the recipient’s telephone number, the amount of data, and send it to 131. For example 081xxxxxxxx 50 MB and send to 131.
USSD Code To Share Data On MTN
The use of USSD code is one of the quickest methods of data transfer on the MTN network. You do not need an Internet connection before using this media.
To use a USSD code to share data follow the instructions below.
- Dial *131 and send.
- Now select option 6 to ‘share data’ or option 1 to transfer data from the data balance.
- Insert the contact line of the person you intend to send the data to and continue.
- From the available data option, you select the amount of MB you want to transfer and tap OK.
- After a successful transfer, you will receive a message informing you that a successful data transfer has taken place.
- If you think the above process is too long for you, you can call *131*recipient contact line*amount of data# and send. What’s more, you can also use *131*7# and transfer your data. You can see how simple that process is
When Will the Beneficiary Data Expire?
This is a good question to ask. When you send data to another customer, the data will expire the same day your data expires.
For example, if this is a daily plan, the original and shared data will expire at the end of the 24 hours and likewise for a weekly and monthly data plan.
Thus, you can tell the person that you are sending data on the day it expires, so you know how to handle it.
How Much Will I Spend To Transfer Data?
Good news for you, MTN will not charge you any data sharing fees, whether you use the myMTN application, SME, or USSD code. However, you will only be billed if you wish to purchase data for a different subscriber.
Must I use a PIN to Authorize the Data Transfer?
No, you do not need to include a PIN in the data transfer process to another MTN subscriber. It’s like sending airtime, where you don’t need pins or other forms of authorization
. It is one of the reasons when MTN data transfer is the easiest among other network providers in the country.
These are essentially the methods that you may use at any time that you want to send data to a friend or family. All these methods have a proven track record.
You can also use the data transfer code to buy data from another MTN subscriber and also to request data for the data. In this respect, we are drawing cotton to our discussion for today.