As you go through this post you will learn about the Wema bank USSD transfer code, how you can register and what you can use it for. Enjoy a good reading time.
As an account holder with Wema Bank, are you aware that you can access certain banking services without necessarily going to the bank or the ATM?
With the bank transfer code, you can carry out a money transfer, check the balance, recharge your contact line, and much more. It is a fast, reliable, secure banking system that is made available to all customers.
This article will be interesting for those who want to be part of this smart banking plan. It’s because our discussion today will focus more on the Wema bank transfer code.
Wema Bank Wire Transfer Code
A bank transfer code is a system that provides account holders with access to certain banking services without using the Internet.
This system consists of a USSD that serves as a communication tool between the bank and its account holders through their different network providers.
Certain banking operations can be performed using this code regardless of what kind of telephone you are using. This implies you may utilize a button phone to perform such an operation.
Wema wire transfer code is *945#.
This is the USSD code you can use to save yourself the stress of running to the bank to make a fund transfer, generate a pin, open a new bank account, purchase data and airtime, pay bills, cardless withdrawal, and so forth.
However, before you can enjoy all the benefits that come with the Wema bank transfer code, you must first sign up.
How do I sign up? Don’t worry, we’ll show you how it’s done in a little while.
Wema Wire Transfer Code Registration Guidelines
Before signing up for the Wema transfer code, you need to possess a bank-related phone number, ATM or BVN card, and a mobile phone.
Once you have the requirements, in a few minutes you can get enrolled. For you to successfully sign up for the Wema bank transfer code, follow these guidelines.
Those steps are easier and less onerous.
- Dial the USSD *945#
- A list of options will appear on your screen, select 0, and continue with the next step. Once the new page appears, you will see a list of options, choose 2 and then proceed.
- This time, you should enter your full account number.
- Then you insert the last four figures of your ATM card and continue.
- Once you have done so, you will be asked to create a four-digit pin that you will be used to authorize your transfer. It is advisable to create a pin that you can easily remember.
- Congratulations on successfully registering your Wema bank transfer code.
Unable to sign up
In the event, you encounter any difficulty in the course of registering for Wema bank, kindly visit any branch that is near you and make complaints with the customer care agent.
They will be happy to help you solve any issue and have you registered as well.
How To Use Wema Transfer Code When Transferring Money
There are two ways to carry out a money transfer using the Wema bank USSD code.
The first method is the one you follow in the menu and select the transfer option, while the second method is more straightforward.
To follow the menu, press *945# and follow the instructions on the phone screen. But if you would like to follow the direct method, check below and see how you can do it.
- Direct method
- Dial *945*beneficiary’s account number*amount to send#. For example *945*2873839202*7000#.
- A list of banks will appear on the screen to enable you to select the recipient bank.
- As soon as you complete the selection, the receiver’s name will appear in its entirety. Make sure the name is correct before transferring.
- Now, you will need to insert your four-digit secret pin to enable your transfer.
- When the transaction succeeds, you will receive a debit alert from your bank.
What About Buying Airtime or Data?
If you want to buy any airtime or data for yourself or a friend, that’s how you can do it. For yourself, dial *945*amount to top up#. For example, dial *945*500#. Then send data to a friend, dial *945*phone number*amount#. For example, dial *945*08028372939*800#. But this time, you will need to insert your four-digit secret pin to authorize the purchase.
Other Stuff You Can Do With the Wema Bank Transfer Code
Besides the few operations you can perform with the USSD code of Wema bank as mentioned above, there are other things you can do.
They consist of the following:
- Review account balance *9458*0#
- Fetch account number *945*000#
- Create a new Wema account *945*1#
- Obtain a quick loan*945*65#
- Link your BVN *945*4*BVN#
- Change your security code *945*00# and more.
What is the Wema Bank Wire Limit Using USSD?
It is unfortunate to learn that Wema Bank has one of the limited amounts of cash that a client can transfer using the USSD code within a day.
The maximum amount to transfer in one day is ₦100,000 and ₦20,000 per transfer.
However, if you wish to transfer more than this amount, you may either use the bank’s mobile app or better visit the nearest branch and do so.
Is The Banking System Free?
Not really, every time you transfer money to another account with Wema or other banks, there is a service charge.
The sum of ₦10, ₦20, and ₦50 will be deducted from your account no matter the amount you wish to send and the destination.
In addition to bank charges, network providers have their separate fees for each money transfer and top-up. In this respect, ₦6.97 is billed for each operation.
The arrival of the transfer code has decreased the population in the banks and ATMs. It is because people can now do some banking in the comfort of their homes.
You can also be part of this simple, fast and convenient banking system if you follow the outlined guidelines.
All you need is to sign in and you’re ready to go.