As a means to foster discipline and legal activities, the Community Safety Education Act was approved. This will provide police with the power to stop and investigate anyone in the neighborhood or learning institutions. They can ask security questions, such as your name, place of origin, and so on. People are expected to obey this legislation.
The law aims to alert people to traffic or public rules and to maintain a harmonized attitude between residents and fuzz. In this way, they can protect peace and order around schools and the community.
The Community Safety Education Act was passed for several purposes, and that is exactly what we will be talking about today. As you read this article, you will be informed about the goals and objectives of this marvelous act. But before we get to the point, we would like to say a few words concerning the safety act.
What is a Community Safety Education Act?
The Community Safety Education Act is one means of defining behavioral expatriation of police and citizens. The law contains all the criteria to set up a neighborhood watch group while revealing the issues surrounding the community.
This is act is also recognized as the “Senate Bill 30”. The bill was adopted by the 85th Legislature of Texas, Ordinary Session of 2017. But the act only came into force in 2018. Agreeing to the bill, it is required that all state boards of education should adopt the new rules and regulations that will include all instructions that are developed under the TEC in either one or more curricula that are compulsory for students in grades 9 to 12.
More so, according to the act, it requires that all the district and charter schools that will provide these teachings to students should cooperate with peace officers around the school during the gridlock and also when the officers are asking questions to students. For you to get more details on what a Community Safety Education Act is, please visit. https://www.niu.edu/publicsafety/safety-education/index-shtml.
The intention of the Community Safety Education Act
Below are the purposes for adopting the Community Safety Education Act. They will allow you to fully understand the law and also help you avoid problems within the community.
- Preventing Unintentional Injuries
One of the main purposes of the Community Safety Education Act is to help youth in a community and schools learn the importance of injury prevention. The law placed more emphasis on safety resources and support to the student education system. As such, individuals can learn how to remain safe and support others to do the same.
For instance, in the event of a car accident, the Community Safety Education Act teaches citizens how to help accident victims.
- Teach the laws and regulations of traffic
Another purpose of passing the Community Safety Education Act is to teach students the rules and laws of traffic and how they can keep the peace in schools. Having such knowledge, citizens will learn how to reduce any tension and quarrel that might arise due to violation of traffic rules between the masses and traffic police officers of the US.
Furthermore, the community safety education act will help the citizens will determine the need to build a strong relationship with the police officers to solve the consequences during traffic and to improve the traffic system. In this way, the people of the country can maintain a stable justice and administration system.
- Allow the police to investigate.
As we said at the outset, the Community Safety Education Act gives police officers the right to inspect citizens. Thus, a student, driver, or citizen can be stopped by a police officer and asked to provide correct information such as name, location, driver’s license, car particulars, and much more.
Other Specific Purposes
Other specific purposes of the Community Safety Education Act include the following:
- Teach drivers how to follow traffic laws and the hazards of reckless driving.
- Implement robust mechanisms that will improve the access of all citizens to the administrative, judicial system, or other forms of conflict resolution. These include conciliation, spaces for training mediators, arbitration, mediators, and other systems that will streamline the administration of justice and contribute to social peace.
- To train and sensitize the staff of all the institutions of the judicial system concerning human rights. The rights of women, children, and young people will be emphasized.
- Strengthening the reform of the penal system as a means of social reintegration and rehabilitation of persons serving sentences.
- Enhance the independence and autonomy of the court system to ensure transparency, fairness, impartiality, predictability, and legal certainty.
There are basic facts that you should be aware of about the Community Safety Education Act. It is more a matter of instructions for citizens and peace officers. Take a look below and find out what they are.
- Citizens reserve the right to interact with law enforcement officials.
- Civilians and peace officers should conduct themselves well as they interact.
- The law concerning questioning and detention by law enforcement officers requires every citizen to cooperate.
- Police and peace officers have a critical role to play in the community and the schools.
A Few Words for those Teaching the Law
Those who will be in charge of teaching the law in schools and the community should focus on the instructions that will be given below. This will ensure everyone’s safety.
- Learn about students’ attitudes and knowledge of traffic before sharing information.
- Work with the school representative or a local law enforcement official to issue instructions.
- You’re welcome to stop a video and answer a question and there is no problem if you ask the students’ opinion on your response.
The Community Safety Education Act created a safe environment for students and other residents of the community. If you don’t know why this law was passed, you now have enough grounds to understand what it is. The objective of the act is not to punish people, but build a good connection between the residents and corps.