In this article, we will outline Taxify car requirements in Nigeria and possibly how you can become their driver.
Meanwhile, let’s have a little knowledge about Taxify.
How To Become A Bolt Driver In Nigeria
Taxify is a fantastic company that made transportation in Nigeria a pleasurable activity. In your comfort zone, you can request a cab using the company’s mobile app and tour around the city.
In addition to providing convenient transportation, the company has created several driving opportunities for a good number of Nigerians.
Before you join Taxify as a driver, there are a few things that will be required of you. But don’t worry; we’re here to assist you to understand these requirements.
A Little About Taxify
Taxify is a global mobility company that issues out its vehicles for rental, micro-mobility, food delivery, and other transport services.
The company was established around August 2013 by a 19-year-old high school student by the name Markus Vilig and gave it the name mTaks. Later on, the company’s name was changed to Taxify and now Bolt.
Taxify currently operates in more than 45 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
In Africa, Nigeria is one of the countries that accommodate Taxify to offer their nationals a sounder means of transportation.
Vehicle Specifications for Bolt in Nigeria
If you are interested to become a Taxify driver, certain vehicle essentials will be demanded from you as mentioned above. These include:
– Vehicle insurance
– Driver’s license
– Proof of vehicle ownership
– Certificate of Airworthiness
– Auto Genius vehicle survey report
– Only cars working in good conditions are allowed
– Minimum vehicle model should be 2013.
– Vehicle must accommodate no less than four passengers comfortably.
– Finally, your vehicle must be equipped with four doors.
There is an additional document that will be required from those who may want to drive around Lagos state. That’s the State Hackney Permit and Vehicle Body Tag for all Routes.
This certificate is specially issued by the Lagos state government to drivers both for private and commercial purposes.
What about Drivers Specifications?
There are some requisites you must meet to become a Taxify driver. These include:
– A driver’s license.
– Attain a “driver training for service quality and use of the Bold driver application”.
– Should not have a criminal record.
– A Smartphone that supports GPS.
Again, those wishing to operate in Lagos will be required to provide additional documents. These include the LASDRI Card, Driver Badge, and LASCRA Card.
If you don’t have any of them, you will not be allowed to operate in Lagos.
What Type of Car Does Bolt Accept in Nigeria?
Taxify only accepts vehicles that are working perfectly and the model should not be more than 14 years as we have rightly pointed out earlier.
Then your car should be a four-door sedan to accommodate no fewer than four passengers as mentioned above.
However, you must know that every state has its demands regarding the choice of cars for such operation. For instance, in Abuja, car models that are accepted should not exceed ten years.
You can check below and see a few vehicles you can use for Taxify in Nigeria.
SUVs and Acceptable Sedan Models
Among the acceptable SUVs and Sedan models are Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Patriot, Toyota Rav-4. Mitsubishi Outlander, Mazda CX-5, Hyundai Veloster, HyundaiSonata, Hyundai Genesis, Toyota Avensis, Toyota Camry, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Accent, and many more.
These cars we listed above have met all the criteria of Taxify. Therefore, you can use any of them to run Taxify in any city in Nigeria.
Can I Be a Taxify Driver Even though I Don’t Own a Car?
Oh yes, you can work with Taxify as a driver even if you don’t own a car. But you will have to present your driver’s license to complete your application process.
This is because your license will serve as proof that you are a qualified driver.
Connect With Taxify in Nigeria?
There are a few steps you need to complete if you want to apply for driving work with Taxify. Check below and find out how you can get started.
– Connect to their official web page through a web browser or mobile application (Bolt).
– Now complete your data such as your full name, contact line, bank details, etc.
– Upon completion, you will receive a notification to join the Taxify integration process. This is usually done at their head office which you can find in all of their chosen cities in Nigeria.
For example, the one in Lagos is on the 2nd floor, Providence House, Admiralty Way Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.
– Now you will be required to take your car for inspection. But this time around, you can do it in any of their subsidiary offices near you.
Don’t forget to bring the sum of 2000 Naira as an inspection fee.
– Once they have inspected your vehicle, you will receive a notification via email. Please read the message carefully and keep it for reference purposes.
– Upon successful registration, you will need to add your car to your Taxify account and begin work as soon as you can. In case you encounter any difficulty trying to add your car to your Taxify account, don’t hesitate to visit their office and seek assistance.
Note: You can register more than one car with Taxify provided you have met all the prerequisites.
States Where Taxify Operates in Nigeria
This beautiful transport network company operates in some parts of the country, such as Lagos, Abuja, Benin City, Ibadan, Owerri, Calabar, Uyo, Kano, Jos, and Port-Harcourt. Progressively; they can circulate entire cities throughout the country.
Many Nigerians have benefited from this transportation company and you can also be one of those beneficiaries. You only need to obtain a car that has the requirements listed above and begin your registration process.
The door is always open for those who are interested, go grab it and enjoy a good life with Taxify.
You are still welcome to check back at our post if you have a problem.