This article will outline Taxify car requirements in Nigeria and possibly how you can become their driver.
Meanwhile, let’s have a little knowledge about Taxify.
How To Become a Bolt Driver In Nigeria
Taxify is a fantastic company that made transportation in Nigeria a pleasurable activity. You can request a cab in your comfort zone using the company’s mobile app and tour around the city.
In addition to providing convenient transportation, the company has created several driving opportunities for many Nigerians.
Before you join Taxify as a driver, a few things will be required of you. But don’t worry; we’re here to assist you in understanding these requirements.
A Little About Taxify
Taxify is a global mobility company that issues its vehicles for rental, micro-mobility, food delivery, and other transport services.
The company was established around August 2013 by a 19-year-old high school student named Markus Vilig, who called it “mTaks.” Later, they changed the company’s name to Taxify and Bolt.
Taxify operates in more than 45 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
In Africa, Nigeria is one country that accommodates Taxify to offer their nationals a sounder means of transportation.
Vehicle Specifications for Bolt in Nigeria
If you are interested in becoming a Taxify driver, certain vehicle essentials will be demanded from you, as mentioned above. These include:
– Vehicle insurance
– Driver’s license
– Proof of vehicle ownership
– Certificate of Airworthiness
– Auto Genius vehicle survey report
– Only cars working in good conditions are allowed
– Minimum vehicle model should be 2013.
– Vehicle must accommodate no less than four passengers comfortably.
– Finally, your vehicle must be equipped with four doors.
An additional document will be required from those who may want to drive around Lagos state. That’s the State Hackney Permit and Vehicle Body Tag for all Routes.
The Lagos state government especially issues this certificate to drivers for private and commercial purposes.
What about the Drivers Specifications?
There are some requisites you must meet to become a Taxify driver. These include:
– A driver’s license.
– Attain a “driver training for service quality and use of the Bold driver application.”
– Should not have a criminal record.
– A Smartphone that supports GPS.
Again, those wishing to operate in Lagos must provide additional documents. These include the LASDRI Card, Driver Badge, and LASCRA Card.
If you don’t have any of them, you will not be allowed to operate in Lagos.
What Type of Car Does Bolt Accept in Nigeria?
Taxify only accepts vehicles that are working perfectly, and the model should not be more than 14 years, as we have rightly pointed out earlier.
Then your car should be a four-door sedan to accommodate no fewer than four passengers, as mentioned above.
However, you must know that every state has demands regarding the choice of cars for such operations. For instance, in Abuja, acceptable car models should not exceed ten years.
You can check below and see a few vehicles you can use for Taxify in Nigeria.
SUVs and Acceptable Sedan Models
The good SUVs and Sedan models are Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Patriot, and Toyota Rav-4. Mitsubishi Outlander, Mazda CX-5, Hyundai Veloster, HyundaiSonata, Hyundai Genesis, Toyota Avensis, Toyota Camry, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Accent, and many more.
These cars we listed above have met all the criteria of Taxify. Therefore, you can use any of them to run Taxify in any city in Nigeria.
Can I Be a Taxify Driver Even though I Don’t Own a Car?
You can work with Taxify as a driver even if you don’t own a car. But you will have to present your driver’s license to complete your application process.
This is because your license will prove that you are a qualified driver.
Connect With Taxify in Nigeria?
You need to complete a few steps if you want to apply for driving work with Taxify. Check below and find out how you can get started.
– Connect to their official web page through a web browser or mobile application (Bolt).
– Now complete your data, including your full name, contact line, bank details, etc.
– Upon completion, you will receive a notification from joining the Taxify integration process. This is usually done at their head office, which you can find in all their chosen cities in Nigeria.
For example, the one in Lagos is on the 2nd floor, Providence House, Admiralty Way Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria.
– Now, you will be required to take your car for inspection. But this time, you can do it in any subsidiary offices near you.
Don’t forget to bring the sum of 2000 Naira as an inspection fee.
– Once they have inspected your vehicle, you will receive a notification via email. Please read the message carefully and keep it for reference purposes.
– Upon successful registration, you must add your car to your Taxify account and begin work as soon as possible. If you have difficulty adding your vehicle to your Taxify account, don’t hesitate to visit their office and seek assistance.
Note: You can register more than one car with Taxify, provided you have met all the prerequisites.
States Where Taxify Operates in Nigeria
This beautiful transport network company operates in some parts of the country, such as Lagos, Abuja, Benin City, Ibadan, Owerri, Calabar, Uyo, Kano, Jos, and Port-Harcourt. Progressively, they can circulate in entire cities throughout the country.
Many Nigerians have benefited from this transportation company, and you can also be one of those beneficiaries. You only need to obtain a car with the abovementioned requirements and begin your registration process.
The door is always open for those interested. Grab it and enjoy a good life with Taxify.
You are still welcome to check back at our post if you have a problem.