As a client with Airtel, you can send data from your current bundle to a buddy or family. Airtel has set up a system that enables clients to perform such a transfer.
At least that’s better than switching on your hot spot so your friends can take advantage of your anointing.
Activating a hotspot is said to increase power consumption and other people nearby can have access to your mobile data and assist you finished it.
What are you waiting for, join us in our discussion today and find out how to share data on Airtel. As you continue your journey through this post, you come across the USSD used for making such a transfer.
Not just that, but along with the kind of mobile data you can send from.
Let’s not waste a lot of time on routine proceedings.
Code to Share Airtel Data
With USSD code you may utilize and forward data from your current bundle to another customer. In this regard, the code is *141#.
Once you compose this code, follow the command prompt to bring you to where you will be transferring mobile data. Don’t worry; we’ll show you how to do that in a moment.
Who is Legible to Send Airtel’s Mobile Data?
All Airtel customers are legible to utilize this smart transfer system and your current tariff plan does not matter in this context. All you need is active mobile data.
Airtel’s Mobile Data Transfer Tips
There are several ways that you can transfer active data with another person.
You can decide to perform the transaction through Internet, SMS, Me2U, or USSD. Whichever one works for you, then go for it.
Let’s go find some details.
Share Airtel Data Via the Internet
Here are the steps you need to take to transfer your mobile data with another subscriber via the internet. Don’t worry; these steps are not so tough.
- Activate your mobile data so you can connect to the internet.
- Visit the official Airtel website for this purpose and follow-up. airtel.in/family
- Enter your contact line and click Proceed.
- An OTP will instantly be sent to your SIM as confirmation. Insert the OTP into the provided area and proceed.
- As soon as you have finished, you will see the “Share Airtel Data” option, click on it and continue.
- You now enter the recipient’s contact line and the amount of data to send, then proceed.
Airtel Data transfer Via SMS
This data transfer method does not require an Internet connection such as that above. In a minute or two, you will be able to finish your transfer.
Check below and see the way forward.
- In your Message Centre, type “Share” and send to 121. Airtel will send you a notification regarding your request in a short time.
- There will be a space in the notification to add a telephone number. Now add the recipient contact line and send again at 131.
- You will be requested to authenticate the “Airtel Data Sharing”. Select 1 to validate data sharing.
Airtel Data transfer via Me2U
This is an alternative to sharing data using the USSD code. However, an authorization pin is required before you can make your transfer.
As such, you must use the default PIN.
- Dial *141#
- A list of options will appear on your screen; choose 6 assigned for Me2U or Gifting and proceed.
- Now select option 3 allocated for Me2U data.
- Type in the recipient contact line
- Now select the amount of data you would like to send and continue.
- You must enter your PIN to authorize the transfer
- If successful, you will receive a notification via an SMS
Airtel Data Transfer via USSD
Using the USSD code to transfer data on Airtel is the easiest way to perform such an operation. However, you need to know that the USSD varies according to how much data you want to share.
Check below and find out how this is done.
- To transfer 10MB, dial *141*712*11*beneficiary’s contact line#
- To transfer 25MB, dial *141*712*9*beneficiary’s contact line#
- To transfer 60MB, dial *141*712*4*beneficiary’s contact line#
Type of Data to Share
It is essential you know the limit of mobile data you can transfer so you don’t waste your time on restricted bundles. Active data bundles you can be share should be either daily, weekly, monthly, or MegaPacks.
The data bundles you cannot share are that of socials and bonuses.
How Long Does a Shared Airtel Data Last?
Data that is transferred to another subscriber expires on the same date as the original.
For example, if the originating data is a daily plan, the shared data expires within 24 hours and thus goes with the weekly and monthly data subscriptions.
In addition, if a data plan comes with automatic renewal, it will not apply to shared data.
What’s the Limit for Airtel Data Transfer?
You can transfer Airtel mobile data as low as 10 MB and a maximum of 200 MB daily. In addition, Airtel data can only be sent to two beneficiaries.
This means that you can send up to 100 MB for each one. Before you can transfer another mobile data to the same beneficiary, the beneficiary must exhaust the previously shared data.
Can I Transfer Data to others other than Airtel?
Apart from Airtel, you may not transfer your activity data to other network subscribers such as MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, and so on.
This system is only available to transfer mobile data from Airtel to Airtel.
Change Default Pin for Data Transfer
For the sake of security, it is crucial to change the default pin for Airtel Data Transfer. Follow the steps below and find out how to do so.
- Dial *141#
- Choose option 6 for data sharing.
- Then select option 1 to modify the PIN and proceed.
- Input the default PIN.
- Input the new PIN. This time, create your PIN and make sure you can easily recall it.
- Confirm your new PIN by entering it again and then proceed.
- If successful, you will receive an SMS instantly via text message.
Airtel Data transfer has been instrumental in helping subscribers share their excess data with friends and family.
After browsing this article, you should have no problem with Airtel data transfer.
From now on, you can conveniently transfer data to your loved ones.